We know how overwhelming the distance can be. Especially when all you want is to embrace your partner and feel them next to you.
Studies show touch is crucial for our well-being. But what can we do while apart?
Long distance touch bracelets are the answer!
Being able to virtually ‘touch’ your partner is a small but powerful way to create a sense of connection, which can make a huge difference when maintaining a healthy relationship from afar.
We’ve tested, compared, and reviewed the best options available that can help make the distance between you melt away.
In a hurry? Here’s our TL;DR breakdown of the best touch bracelets to keep you connected:
Our Top Pick
Bond Touch Bracelets
The first mainstream and most popular long distance touch bracelets in 2023.
- Design: 4/5
- Ease of use: 4.5/5
- Application: 5/5
- Battery: 4/5
- Price: 4.5/5
Totwoo Connected Bracelets
Most versatile connected bracelets with numerous design & style options. Up to 60% off select items!
- Design: 4/5
- Ease of use: 4/5
- Application: 4/5
- Battery: 4/5
- Price: 4/5
The Best Long Distance Touch Bracelets in 2023
Couples Touch Bracelets by Totwoo
Those wanting a modern and stylish design will adore the latest innovation in long distance touch bracelets, the High-End Smart Bracelets by Totwoo.
While these bracelets won’t look out of place at a formal event, they’re also the perfect option to be dressed down for daily wear.
The Always Sun & Moon couples set is not just our favorite option because of the simple yet timeless design, but also because of what it symbolizes for keeping long distance couples, friends, and family members connected.
This is perfectly reflected in their quote:
You’ll be the sun, I’ll be the moon – just let your light come shining through’ and when night comes, just like the moon, I’ll shine the light, right back to you.
If black and rose gold isn’t for you, no problem! Totwoo’s Sun & Moon collection is also available in silver.
If the Sun & Moon designs aren’t for you, that isn’t a problem either! There are numerous amazing designs available, which we go into more detail about here. Meaning you are sure to find an option that suits both of your styles.
To take versatility a step further Totwoo also gives you the option of purchasing their DIY necklaces to house the charms.
How Totwoo Smart Bracelets Work
The Always collection of Totwoo connected bracelets works in two cool ways. Tapping one bracelet will make the other light up in the color chosen through the Totwoo app. You can also use the app to send ‘surprise messages’, which can only be unlocked by touching the charm.
You can view a detailed demonstration here.
To note: New couples sets from Totwoo’s Always collection now vibrate AND light up. See them here!
Totwoo Bracelet Setup Process
After downloading the Totwoo App, both of you will need to add your phone number to receive an authentication code to activate your account.
Once you’ve accepted the various permission requests (bluetooth, camera, microphone, contacts, etc) you will then be prompted to connect your bracelet in the ‘LOVE’ dashboard of the app. This dashboard displays every product, making it easy to know which option to select.
Once synced and paired to your own devices you can then connect. You will then be prompted to add one another through your mobile contacts lists. Select each other’s numbers, and Totwoo’s servers will connect your bracelets!
Here’s their detailed pairing instructions.
Totwoo App Features
We love that Totwoo has integrated some very unique features into their app:
- You can send surprise (text, picture, audio, and video) messages that your partner can only unlock when tapping their touch bracelet.
- Set up call notifications for up to three contacts. Your charm will light up in the color of your choice when they call.
- The special ‘Reminder’ feature allows you to set up alerts for specific days so you can use Totwoo touch bracelets for your anniversary or as a countdown timer to your next visit.
- Send a ‘Love Code’ by assigning messages to specific colors (e.g. “I miss you” = blue) which is just like having long distance touch bracelets AND friendship lamps in one!
Speaking of friendship lamps: Check out our post comparing the best long distance touch lamps that help to melt away the miles.
Style & Color Options
This is where Totwoo really stands out. With so many designs and styles to choose from you are sure to find an option that will suit you and your partner. General options include:
- Finishes: Black, gold, rose gold, and silver.
- Faceplate designs: Sun, moon, mountain, wave, heart, lock, key, star, and smile.
- Bracelets: Snake chain, leather, Milan rope, bangle, and Figaro (thick).
To note: Not all options are interchangeable, meaning specific designs have different customization options. Here are a few examples we love!
- Materials: Stainless steel, Plastic, AAA Grade Cubic Zirconias
- Charm dimensions: L 0.73″ x W 0.73″ x H 0.34″
- Band length: 5.9″ to 8.9”
- Battery life: 15 to 30 days (battery)
- Waterproof: Yes
- Warranty: 1 year
Totwoo Pros & Cons
- Ability to send surprise messages that can only be opened in the app by touching the charm.
- High-end design, premium materials AND many style options make them so versatile.
- The option to purchase a necklace chain is a great idea.
- Not all charms light up AND vibrate. Their best options only light up.
- We prefer a charging option over changing batteries every month (even if you receive five replacements with your purchase).
- The app could be a lot more robust.
As of 28th March 2023, You can save up to 60% on select touch bracelet couples sets. Visit their official website to find out more.
Long Distance Touch Bracelets by Bond Touch
The Touch Bracelets for Couples by Bond Touch are the most popular option that is currently available on the market.
Why? We hear you asking 🙂
Since their launch a few years ago, the team at Bond Touch has made continuous improvements to their bracelets, including:
- Sleeker designs
- Faster charging times
- Better battery life, and
- A feature-rich mobile app
In fact, they’ve done such a great job, their bracelets have been spotted on the wrists of celebrities like Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello! (without endorsement)
There are also several different band color options that will match just about anybody’s style. The bands themselves are affordable enough that you can buy multiple colors and match your Bond Touch to different outfits!
How Bond Touch Bracelets Work
Tapping on the charm of one bracelet causes the other to vibrate and light up. The color it lights up in can be chosen through the Bond Touch app. You can tap the bracelet up to ten times to send unique touch messages. For example, three taps could mean “I love you” and four taps “I miss you”.
Bond Touch Setup Process
The Bond Touch has a quick and easy-to-follow process to connect each bracelet. This is possible because their app does most of the heavy lifting.
Within the app, you’ll set up your profile and be asked to select which color you want your partner’s bracelet to light up with (when sending touches). Once this is complete, the app will then search for your bracelet’s Bluetooth signal to pair with your phone.
When both profiles are set up, to connect both bracelets, all you’ll need to do is add each other’s area code (zip/post code) and phone number. Then you can start sending touches!
Bond Touch App Features
The app has been well thought out to keep you connected to your partner with several great features.
- You can see each other’s location, time, and weather with a quick glance, keeping you up to date on the little things.
- The app tracks and saves past touches, allowing you to replay them and reminisce.
- Next Encounter is a cool feature that lets you insert the date you will next be together, then visualizes it as a countdown timer.
- With encrypted chat, you get a private space that’s just for you and your partner to share messages, pictures, and more.
Style & Color Options
Each Bond Touch comes with a standard black band, but you can purchase other colors like twilight blue, emerald green, ghost white, ruby red, pacific green, gray stone, and pink sand.
Bond Touch Specs
- Materials: Stainless steel, TPU, #7 Plastic
- Charm dimensions: L 1.45” x W 0.78” x H 0.59”
- Band length: 9.5”
- Battery life: 4 days
- Waterproof: Yes
- Warranty: 1 year
Bond Touch Pros & Cons
- The setup and pairing process is super simple.
- They’re the only option that’s waterproof (to 1 m/3 ft).
- Eight different band colors give you a lot of choices.
- While it’s understandable that you can’t send touches if “do not disturb” is active. It’s also the case when “low power mode” is turned on.
Connected Bracelets by Hey Bracelet
NOTICE: Due to the recent manufacturing and global shipping issues, Totwoo and Bond Touch bracelets are currently the only options in stock.
Rather than vibrating, the Long Distance Touch Bracelets by Hey Bracelet incorporates a motor and some unique tech, known as haptic feedback, that produces a light squeeze around your wrist. Creating the sensation of your partner touching and holding your wrist with their thumb and forefinger.
Available in black or white, the modern design incorporates a repeating “H” pattern, which gives it a high-fashion look and feel. While these bracelets aren’t waterproof, they are weatherproof, so you don’t need to panic if you get caught in the rain.
It’s worth noting that House of Haptics, which makes the Hey Bracelet, plans on releasing new products like necklaces in the future.
How Hey Bracelets Work
Sensors on the bracelet detect touches and send them to the app via Bluetooth, which sends a notification to the other phone. When a Hey Bracelet receives a notification, a small motor pulls part of the wristband into the casing producing a gentle squeeze.
Hey Bracelet Setup Process
After downloading the Hey Bracelet App and creating a profile, the app is prompted to find the bracelet’s Bluetooth signal. Unlike other apps, connecting the bracelets is as simple as one of you sending an email invitation to the other.
Hey Bracelet App
The Hey Bracelet App’s main function is to help pair the devices.
While it doesn’t have any chat capabilities, it does visualize a timeline to keep track of sent and received touches and the locations they came from.
You can also send touches directly from the app, which is great if you want to let your partner know you’re thinking about them, but your bracelet’s battery is empty!
Style & Color Options
There are currently only two options available, but each uses classic colors that will complement most wardrobes. You can choose from either white with rose gold accents or black with anthracite. House of Haptics has mentioned that they are planning to release more bracelet colors in the future.
Hey Bracelet Specs
- Materials: ABS plastic, silicon
- Charm dimensions: L 2.17” x W 0.79” x H 0.55”
- Band length: 9.25”
- Battery life: 3 days
- Waterproof: No
- Warranty: 1 year
Hey Bracelet Pros & Cons
- The gentle squeeze technology makes it a unique device.
- Customers have said the squeeze feels more like a touch than vibrations do.
- OUT OF STOCK 🙁
- The app has received reviews that report connectivity issues.
- Currently doesn’t ship worldwide (USA, Canada, and Europe).
Comparison: Hey Bracelet vs Bond Touch & Totwoo
When comparing Hey Bracelet vs Bond Touch and Totwoo, we can see many similarities, but some features and benefits are worth highlighting.
|Hey Bracelet||Bond Touch||Totwoo|
|Sold out?||Sold out||IN STOCK||IN STOCK|
|Battery life||3 days||4 days||15 days|
|iOS||8 ↑||10.3 ↑||9 ↑|
|Android||7 ↑||5.0 ↑||5.1 ↑|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Returns||Unopen||14 days||14 days|
Bond Touch bracelets offer separate shipping, so you can save money by sending one of the bracelets directly to the other recipient.
Totwoo also offers separate shipping but not for every couple’s set. What stands out is their battery life (15 to 30 days depending on usage), which is four to eight times longer than any other.
Hey Bracelets will work with older model smartphones that may be unable to update to the latest OS software.
Our Favorite Long Distance Touch Bracelets
While all three options are bound to positively impact your relationship, there are a few reasons why we can’t avoid Bond Touch when selecting our favorite long distance touch bracelets.
To note: The recent manufacturing and global shipping issues that have caused options (like Hey Bracelet) to be sold out have not impacted our recommendation. Bond Touch bracelets have always been our top choice for the reasons below and many more.
- Not only is the Bond Touch the most affordable option (with stock availability), but it also has the most feature-rich app when comparing all three.
- The Bond Touch App creates your own little universe and does the work of multiple apps in one.
- Having the ability to ship both bracelets separately saves you time and money.
- It’s the OG touch bracelet. The company continues to update its products, and it’s received amazing reviews.
Which Touch Bracelets Will You Choose?
With the positive impact, a device like this can have on your connection and overall relationship. The decision of which long distance touch bracelets to purchase, shouldn’t be taken lightly.
While we love the touch bracelets for couples from Bond Touch, which bracelets caught your eye?
If you do purchase one option, don’t forget to come back and let us know about your experience and how you use them!
If you aren’t feeling any of these touch bracelets but want to stay connected from afar, these friendship lamps might just be what you’re looking for!
Frequently Askes Questions About Touch Bracelets
Touch bracelets connect to a mobile application via Bluetooth. When one person touches their bracelet, the application triggers the other bracelet to vibrate and/or light up (even squeeze, in the case of the Hey Bracelet). As long as you’re both near your phones with the application running in the background, the bracelets will work, no matter how far apart you are.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Unlock better date nights, deeper communication plus a stronger intimate & emotional connection.